Hello and welcome to the blog. Today I am going to show you how to create a Barbie inspired layout with Dew Drops. The Barbie Movie is EVERYWHERE and EVERYONE is talking about the Barbiecore Aestethic this summer . I loved the movie and am embracing all things pink this summer – my favorite movie tie-in so far is a Barbie Frap from Starbucks!
The key points of Barbiecore:
- embraces boldness, confidence and fun
- bright colors
I am going to start with a list of Dew Drop products, mixes and collections that are perfect for the Barbiecore Aestethic
- Brighten Your Day Collection (4 bottles of neon brights)
- Fuscia Mini Dew Drops
- Island Blossom Mix (Mad Malibu Vibes!)
- Beach Party Dew Drops
- Mardi Gras Dew Drops
- Baby Girl Mix
After choosing my Dew Drops, I pulled papers and embellishments
I did go with a bold, retro feel in my embellishments – everything is from my stash – who remembers Chip Chatter Flowers?!
- Base – 12×12 White American Crafts Textured Cardstock
- Center Title Piece (3-1/2 x 3-1/2) – Title created in Word (online Barbie font and BausHaus 93 from word 3×3) printed on cardstock. Title block mounted to patterned cardstock (Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid 6×6 pad). Date added with stamp and then Heidi Swapp Marquee Love Chunky Glitter added around edges. Using Tear Drops, small heart created as highlight. Title piece was then added to center of base page with dimensional foam tape.
- Start arranging photos and embellishments beginning close to center title block. My 2 focal photos are 2 x 3. Highlight photos are printed in photo strip style (1-1/2 x 1-3/4)
- It took much rearranging to decide on placement!
- Make your layout SPARKLE AND POP with DEW DROPS!
- Be sure to use a CLEAR drying glue
Thanks for stopping by the blog today – I hope you too will embrace “Barbiecore” this summer! Have a creative week!