2 in 1 Christmas Card and Gift Idea!
Hi friends, its Terri from VeegsTez Creates back on the blog today with a great idea for a 2fer! i.e. a two for the price of one make! In this tutorial and accompanying video, I will show you how to make a stunning Christmas card, adorned with sparkling Dew Drops. The card also has a detachable snowflake Christmas tree ornament, made using stitching and of course more dew drops.
- To make this card I used a stitching die from Spellbinders, that looks like a snowflake to me.
- I used a silver metal sheet to emboss from Tonic Studios
- I chose a star fall embossing folder from Sizzix
- I used glue to adhere the embossed panel to the front of a top folding A2 note card
- I adhered the heat embossed snowflake with the sentiment using foam pads and glue (I always use both!)
- I used a range of Dew Drops from the Robin’s Nest Creative, which can be found in the following collections and probably many more too!
Close up photos
This project was really easy to put together, as I show in the video. The stitching takes a little time, but I personally find it to be very relaxing and therapeutic. I think that the stitching works really well with designing patterns with the Dew Drops. On the front of the detachable Christmas ornament, there is both stitching and Dew Drops. On the reverse, I designed a pattern using both round and diamond shaped Dew Drops. I’m really starting to fall in love with Dew Drops as they are so versatile and I love making patterns! Here are some close up photos for you:
Until Next Time…
I hope yo have enjoyed reading about this 2fer Christmas in July projects. It is such a great idea as it’s a card and gift in one! Plus, we crafters know that handmade gifts are the best! I’ll see you again soon for more crafty inspiration, Terri/VeegsTez Creates.
Instagram: @veegstez https://www.instagram.com/veegstez/
Facebook: Veegstez Creates https://www.facebook.com/VeegstezCreates