Hello and welcome! Shelly with you today to give you some inspiration and an easy to do project for St. Patrick’s Day!
I love to decorate for all holidays – big and small. I was inspired to create a St Patrick’s Day mixed media canvas from my latest manicure!
Let’s get started!
In all shades of green:
- Original Dew Drops
- Mini Dew Drops
- Tear Drops
- 6×6 Canvas
- Acrylic Paint in 5 shades of green
- Swipe gesso across your canvas for base. I used wide uneven swipes
- Starting with your lightest shade of green – free hand a horseshoe shape low on your canvas
- Continue making horseshoe shapes in darkening shades of green for a total of 5 to create your green rainbow
- Do not try for perfect stripes – keep it rustic and charming!
- Create a shamrock under your green rainbow using 1 mini Dew Drop and 6 Tear Drops (or 8 Tear Drops if you opt for a 4 leaf clover!)
- Make sure you are using a CLEAR drying glue – you want those Dew Drops to SPARKLE!
Making Lemons into Lemonade….
I originally wanted to write “Happy Go Lucky at base of canvas, and normally, I love my handwriting – but was not happy with how it looked..
I used several layers of gesso – but it would NOT cover the sharpie pen writing!
And then – – found this wonderful rainbow washi tape! and the final touch was some ink along the edges of canvas.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Have a creative week!