Hello Chattering Robins! It’s Sadia back here today, and I am excited to share an elegant handmade card with you. This week, I used Metallic Gold Dew Drops on today’s card, which brought an elegant look to my card.
1. Cardstock paper for the card base and embossing
2. Embossing folder and Embossing machine (such as a Cuttlebug or Big Shot)
3. Metallic Gold Dew Drops
4. Sentiment Stamp
5. Black and gold ink pad
7. Glue or adhesive
- Cut a piece of cardstock to the desired size for your card base. Fold it in half to create a crease.
- Choose an embossing folder that will complement the design of your card. Place a piece of pink cardstock in the folder, making sure it is lined up correctly.
- Run the cardstock paper and folder through the embossing machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This will create a raised design on the paper.
- Once the cardstock has been embossed, blend some light golden ink from an ink pad on the center designs.
- Choose a sentiment stamp that matches the occasion or theme of your card. Ink the stamp and press it onto the paper where you would like it to appear and attach it to the embossed paper with liquid glue on the side.
- Decide on the design and placement of your dew drops on the card.
- Apply a small amount of glue or adhesive to the back of each dew drop and press it onto the card base, following the design you have chosen.
- Allow the glue to dry for a few minutes.
- Write a message inside the card and give it to someone special!
This is just a basic tutorial, you can use different types of dew drops from The Robin’s Nest Creative Store and make an elegant handmade card of your choice.
See you soon,