Making the card Base and Layers
- to start with I cut the card base in orange card stock and cut at 6″ x 12″ , then scored in the middle to create 6″ x 6″ card.
- Next I cut my first layer by cutting my brown 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ , then the rust at 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, and DP is 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Second layer is 4 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ brown, orange is 4 1/2″x 4 1/2″ , dp is 4 1/4″x 4 1/4″
- Now third layer 2 3/4″x 5″ brown, then polka dot is 2 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- fourth layer is 2 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ brown, orange is 2″ x 4 1/4″, dp is 1 3/4″ x 4″ then cut the end off , Layer 5- window shaker, I added lots of Dew drops in the inside.’
- Inside Layer is done using 3 layers, brown, rust and white. 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ , 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ , 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- for the inside I dusted a shimmer paint around the edges and added my sewing.
Decorating front of card
For the front of my card I chose to use The Robins Nest Orange and Gold dew drops. I used the orange diamond shaped dew drops for all the corners, and then the gold dew drops for the shutters.
I love the shaker window and thought it would be super fun to add dew drops inside. I added some dew drops in yellow, green, orange, and gold to the inside of the window.
Of course I love adding the dew drops to the corners as it gives them some embellishing. On this card here I chose orange dew drops.
Lastly I added lots of flowers, and some ribbon, In the close up photo you will see some green diamond shaped dew drops in with the flowers.