Hello Crafty People! This was my “LIVE” for today. Grab a snack or a cuppa and watch me create a scrapbook page using the Art Canvas Seahorse as an artful embellishment. Here’s the finished scrapbook page. HERE’S THE VIDEO SUPPLIES: Art Canvas – Seahorse and dew drops – Robin’s Nest Art Chalks – Color […]
This was my “LIVE” for today. Grab a snack or a cuppa and watch me create a scrapbook page using the Art Canvas Seahorse as an artful embellishment. Here’s the finished scrapbook page.
HERE’S THE VIDEO
Art Canvas – Seahorse and dew drops – Robin’s Nest Art Chalks – Color Z Chalks
Alcohol Markers – Spectrum Noir (CT3, CR1, CR2, GB5)
Spray Sealant (clear, gloss) – Krylon
Copper Stickles – Ranger Ink
Water based blue ink pad -Adirondak Earthtones Stonewashed
Background paper – Colorbok
Shell Stickers – K&Company
Palm Tree Sticker – Jolee’s by You
Misc: photo, solid cardstock for matting photo, scrap cardstock for template, photo copy for mask,
adhesive, PC to print title, cotton balls
1. Photocopy the canvas art, may need to use a darker setting. Cut out the copy to use as a mask for the background technique. Adhere to the canvas over the original picture with sparse dots of a dry adhesive.
2. Create a wave template from scrap cardstock. Place on the canvas approximately 1″ from bottom. Using a cotton ball apply the darkest blue chalk over the edges of the cut out waves. Continue to move up in 1″ intervals and repeat applying the dark blue chalk.
3. Using a clean cotton ball, apply the darkest turquoise chalk to fill in the rest of the white areas of the background.
4. Leave the mask in place and lightly spray with sealant.
5. Using all colors of alcohol inks, randomly color the entire seahorse. Don’t be blocked in by the geometric designs, by having multiple colors in one block, the results will be super!
6. Out line the entire seahorse and all the geometric shapes within, with copper Stickles. Using the Stickles as an adhesive, adhere the small round black dew drop in place for the “eye”. Set aside to dry.
7. Create a word processing document, change the size to 12×12 and create a title “Life’s a beach”. The font used is “Lovely Home” size 80pt. Double check printer orientation and print directly onto the 12×12 background paper.
8. Adhere the canvas to the background paper.
9. Select your photo and matte with turquoise cardstock, adhere to the background paper as shown.
10. Embellish further with Palm tree and seashell stickers.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you’re inspired to get crafty today!
Happy Saturday Chattering Robins! It's me Sadia back here today, and I hope you are having a wonderful day! I wanted to stop by and let you know about a new creative inspiration piece I made using Solar System Creative Dew Drop Canvas from Robins's Nest Creative. I...
Hey Robins, Karen here to show you how easy it is to embellish a beautiful beach layout. You need 2 photos, a bold title, and lots of Dew Drops. Those cute little transparent Dew Drops are perfect because they appear as faux bubbles and water splashes. Let's get...