Hello Crafty People! Today’s LIVE project from Robin’s Nest using an Art Canvas and Dew Drops! Watch the video: SUPPLIES: Art Canvas and Dew Drops: Always by Robin’s Nest Alcohol Inks: Butterscotch, lettuce, pesto and purple twilight – Ranger 1 1/2″ heart punch, 1″ circle punch – Creative Memories ZERO chipboard number – Maya […]
Today’s LIVE project from Robin’s Nest using an Art Canvas and Dew Drops!
Watch the video:
Art Canvas and Dew Drops: Always by Robin’s Nest Alcohol Inks: Butterscotch, lettuce, pesto and purple twilight – Ranger
1 1/2″ heart punch, 1″ circle punch – Creative Memories
ZERO chipboard number – Maya Road
Other: dark green acrylic paint, black marker, velum paper, beading wire, paper lace, purple cardstock 8.5×11″, large foam stamp of foliage.
1. Cut the Art Canvas to approximately 4 1/4″ x 7 1/4″
2. Cut the chipboard ZERO into the letter “U” and paint with dark green acrylic paint. Set aside to dry.
3. Pounce alcohol inks onto the canvas using a pouncing tool and piece of felt. Start with Butterscotch in the center. Add the Lettuce ink to the same piece of felt and continue to pounce outward. Lastly, add the Pesto ink to the same felt and continue to pounce outward until the background is covered to your satisfaction. Set aside to completely dry.
4. Pounce the paper lace (cut to 11″) with Purple Twilight ink and set aside to dry.
5. Punch one heart shape and one circle from bright yellow paper. Using a black marker, draw stripes on the heart “body” of the bee and a “hair-line” on the circle as shown.
6. Glue black dew drops for eyes and draw the smile with black marker.
7. Curl the wire into 2 antennae, cut the vellum heart in half for the wings.
8. Glue the purple paper lace to the canvas, wrapping the ends around the back.
9. Glue the canvas to purple cardstock. 8.5×11″ folded in half.
10. Assemble the bee as shown and glue into place.
11. Glue the “U” to the background.
12. Apply dark green acrylic paint to the foam stamp and stamp and stamp in the upper left corner over the canvas and cardstock background.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope you’ve been inspired to be creative today.
Christmas Card Tutorial Showing ways to Create texture in Handmade Cards Christmas Card Tutorial focussing on adding texture Hello crafters, its Terri back on the blog today with both written an video tutorials. These tutorials will show you various ways to create...
Hi friends, Its Hazel from Handcrafted Expressions, welcome to my new project Glorious Days of Autumn Greeting Card for The Robin Nest Creative as a Design Team Member. Today's tutorial is all about the Gatefold Greeting Card for welcoming the Autumn Season - Glorious...
Hello crafty friends and happy Wednesday to you all! Today's card was designed for the Robins Nest using the gorgeous dew drops. Making the card First I picked the orange card stock 5" x 12" and score in half to make 6" x 6" this is the card base First Layer- I picked...