Halloween or anytime is a great time to make a steam punk themed frame! For this frame I used a wooden frame from the one dollar store and went from there! I hope you enjoy this project.
- Dollar Wooden Frame
- Gears from Mike Deakin Art
- Flower and Frame trim – Crafty Inspirations
- Dew Drops – black (I used mine from the Classified Bottle!)
- Black Matte Gesso – US Art Supply
- Art Alchemy Wax – Metallique White Gold and Antique Brilliance Mystic Turquoise Prima
- Liquid adhesive
- Flat brushes – for dry brush technique
- Paint the frame and all components on both sides with Matte Black Gesso. If you need more than one coat, let dry thoroughly between coats.
- Trial your placement of embellishments
- Adhere all chip board embellishments, as desired.
- Use a dry brushing technique with waxes of your color choice. Remember to use the smallest amount possible for this technique. I wipe my brush on a paper towel and then use it. Your brush should be held as flat as possible to the surface and use the lightest touches possible. You can’t subtract paint with this technique, but you always can add more!
- When you are satisfied with the coloring, add Dew Drops embellishments, with liquid adhesive.
- Let dry completely!
- Your steam punk frame is complete!