Karen here, today to share a really useful technique to use to embellish a CAS card. Although, the stamped rose design with the ribbon is very pretty by itself, adding a magical cluster of bubbles (aka Dew Drops) floating down over the rose garden adds a charming element to an otherwise ordinary design. Use various sizes and colors of Dew Drops to add maximum impact and create added depth. Let me show you!
1. Use black ink to stamp an image of roses across the lower portion of a white card base. Place a piece of junk paper to mask off and protect the lower 2″ edge from the stamped design.
2. Carefully, align the image; continue inking and stamping until you complete the row.
3. Use a water-brush to paint the flowers and leaves using Distress Oxide Ink. Begin coloring where the darkest part of the petal is and continue to blend creating lighter shades. Set aside to dry.
4. Open the card flat and use a craft knife to slice a 3/4″ opening in the crease of the card about 2″ from the bottom.
5. Cut a 14″ length of organza ribbon to coordinate with your card. Carefully, slide the end of the ribbon through the slice and pull the ends to the front of the card. Tie a faux knot style bow and trim the ends. Gently slide the ribbon until you are pleased with the placement of the bow and secure it with a glue dot under the knot.
5. Add a random scattering of Dew Drops diagonally across the card. Use a variety of sizes and colors/shades to create movement and interest.
stop by her blog Art & Soul.