Spring is in the air and I am so looking forward to warmer weather, how about you? That is what inspired me to create the project below; a Mini Mixed Media canvas full of color, texture, and embellished with bright yellow Dew Drops. I hope that this cheery canvas will truly brighten your day.
The Robins Nest:
- DecoARt White Gesso
- DecoArt DuraClear Matte Varnish
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic
- Tsukineko StazOn Pigment Ink – Piano Black
- 4″ x 4″ Flat Panel Canvas
- Beacon 3-in-1 Craft Glue
- The Crafter’s Workshop Modeling Paste
- Lori’s Cards & Creations – Skethy Rose Stamp
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Collage Paper
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Small Talk Stickers
- Stampers Anonymous, Tim Holtz Collection Stencil
- Faber Castelle Artist Pitt Pens
1) Apply modeling paste over a stencil to 4″x 4″ flat panel canvas. Allow to dry.
2) Tear a piece of tissue paper to size and adhere to canvas with varnish.
3) Dry brush white gesso onto canvas to highlight texture.
4) Stamp Rose stamp and leaf onto tissue paper with permanent ink.
5) Adhere to canvas with varnish.
6) Color rose and leaf with Artist PITT Pens.
7) Tone down rose image by dry brushing with white gesso.
8) Apply splatters to canvas with black acrylic paint.
9) Embellish canvas with Dew Drops.
10) Adhere saying sticker to canvas.
I hope you found some inspiration from this bright and cheery project. It was very comforting for me to think of warm weather, sunshine and better days.